OLDWICK, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Best’s Review starts the new year with the publication of the Guide to Understanding the Insurance Industry as the January edition of the magazine. A high-level overview designed with students, new employees and prospects in mind, the Guide furthers the magazine’s mission to inform readers about the workings of the insurance industry, particularly in the United States. New features for this year include a section on delegated underwriting authority enterprises and resources to help readers navigate the global insurance industry, such as lists of U.S. college risk management and insurance programs, industry publishers, podcasts and more.
Also included in the January edition are interviews conducted by AM Best TV with a variety of industry leaders throughout 2023:
- In “Institutes: AI’s Predictive Powers Can Personalize Insurance,” Peter Miller, chief executive officer and president of The Institutes, talks about how artificial intelligence’s power can transform underwriting and the insurance workplace but needs transparency to avoid poor outcomes.
- In “Heightened Life Insurance Demand Shaped by Pandemic, LIMRA Says,” Alison Salka, LIMRA’s senior vice president and director of research, discusses the surging interest in obtaining life insurance, particularly among younger adults.
- “Rise in Injuries Highlights Athletes’ Insurance Needs, Attorney Says” features Richard Giller, partner and chair of the insurance recovery and counseling practice group at Greenspoon Marder LLP, who says professional sports teams need to balance risks tied to payments under guaranteed contracts.
- In “Linux Foundation: Insurers Should Take the Lead in Targeting Cyberrisk,” Linux Foundation Chief AI Strategist Brian Behlendorf dives into how hackers are uncovering new vulnerabilities to target global trade.
- “BMS Re: Collateralized Market, Capacity Create Opportunities for MGAs” features Desmond Bohan and John Speckman, both managing directors at BMS Re, who see flexibility with rates as a driving factor for ties between reinsurers and MGAs.
- “North Dakota Commissioner: AI to Evolve in Underwriting While Targeting Bias” has North Dakota Insurance Commissioner Jon Godfread explain how artificial intelligence can transform the industry, reaching deep into risk assessment and claims processing.
Best’s Review is AM Best’s monthly insurance magazine, covering emerging issues and trends and evaluating their impact on the marketplace. Access to the complete content of Best’s Review is available here.
AM Best is a global credit rating agency, news publisher and data analytics provider specializing in the insurance industry. Headquartered in the United States, the company does business in over 100 countries with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mexico City. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2024 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Executive Editor, Best’s Review®
+1 908 882 1771